A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
She was an advisor to King Easar of Shienar. When she learned that the White Tower had split, Aisling left the Borderlands and traveled to Tar Valon (TPoD, Prologue). She was then sent to the Black Tower with Toveine in attempt to destroy it. However, Malevin captured her and he bonded her against her will (KoD, Ch. 20).
- 975 NE: Aisling earns the ring (NS, Ch. 3).
- 978 NE: As an Accepted, Aisling leaves the Tower to collect the names of newborn children for the bounty (NS, Ch. 3).
- Unknown: Aisling is raised to the shawl (TPoD, Prologue).
- 999 NE: Aisling disappears from Shienar when she learns that the White Tower has split (TPoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Aisling travels to the Black Tower with Toveine. She is captured and bonded by Malevin (KoD, Ch. 20).
- 1000 NE: Aisling travels to Cairhien and then to Tear with Malevin and Logain in search of Rand (KoD, Ch. 20).
- 1000 NE: Aisling and the other Aes Sedai follow Rand to Lady Deirdru's manor to prevent any further attack on him (KoD, Ch. 27).
- Aisling was one of the Tuatha'an and so is a rarity in the White Tower; very few Tinker girls want to become Aes Sedai (NS, Ch. 3).
- When she was learning to become Aes Sedai, Aisling applied herself with great determination (NS, Ch. 3).
Aisling applied herself with just as much determination as Zemaille, and with more success. She had earned the ring in five years, in the same year as Moiraine and Siuan, and Moiraine thought she might test for the shawl in another year, perhaps less. (Moiraine about Aisling; New Spring, Chapter 3).
Save for Paitar's, their White Tower advisors had all left at news of the troubles in the Tower, her own Nianh and Easar's Aisling vanishing without a trace. (Ethenielle about the rulers of the Borderlands and their Aes Sedai advisors; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)