|Real Name||Nicole Raines|
|Location||Belleville, Ontario, Canada|
|Birthday||August 5, 1980|
|Join Date||October 9, 2011|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: October 9, 2011
- Joined Tower: December 27, 2011
- Raised Accepted: April 12, 2012
- Aspired to the White Ajah: May 31, 2012
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 5, 2013
- White Ajah Bubble Lab Manager: April 11, 2017 - present
- Headmistress: January 24, 2014 - May 8, 2019
- Sitter of the White Ajah: Spring 2017
- Outreach Activities Team: July 1, 2012 - June 14, 2016
- Merit Staff: January 15, 2014 - January, 2016
- Integration Survey Hive Mind: September 20, 2013 - October 11, 2013
- Education and Employment/ Home and Garden/ Health and Fitness /Sports Fanatics/ Entertainment Forum Moderator: January 1, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Soul of the White Ajah: October 13, 2012 - February 17, 2013
- Classroom Teacher:
- Min's Viewings: September 2012 - December 2012
- Welcome Committee: January 21, 2012 - July 6, 2012
Other Tower Relationships
August 6, 2013
Why did you choose White?
Because it was where I belonged. When I was guesting it was the first place I hit (for the record I drew names from a hat) and I liked it. That surprised me, but I moved on to check everyone else out as well. They were all amazing, but it wasn't the same. White was where I could just be me, I didn't have to try to be anything. I could just BE.
Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
No emotion? Heck no! Logical.. I try. Ultimatly, no. I am not a book White.
Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
Alviarin. Hands down.
How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
About 10 years now.
How did you first get into the series?
My ex had the books. I was reading fanatasy type novels at the time, and he had them laying around. Sadly, I doubt he ever finished them.
Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat. He's flawed, they all are, but he rocks those flaws!
Favorite bad guy/gal?
Going to have to go with Alviarin again. She's such a badass! "Do you think I could have not been first? No, it suits me to be second." God, I love that woman.
Favorite book and scene?
The scene where Nyneave Heal Logain by accident! ACCIDENT I tell you. Actually, Lord of Chaos is by far my favorite book. So much happens.
If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I'd like to think I could have been Aes Sedai, but they probably would have had to beat the snot out of my during my Novice/Accepted years. Definatly not a Seanchan. They creep me out.
How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found it through the Twitter feed. I'd followed a bunch of WOT related things, and kept seeing the announcements. Once I joined, I liked the environment, and then I realized what a wonderful brother/sisterhood there was here. So I stuck around.
What do you do in "real life"?
Nothing Terribly exciting
Do you have any hobbies?
DO I? Of course. Many. Photography, Cross-Stitch, Reading, Gaming. Others that I can't remember I'm sure
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Varied. Not a big fan of country or rap, but anything goes. Like some "New Agey" stuff, Tori Amos, Pop etc
What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lost Girl, Supernatural. There's a theme here, it's called being a nerd.
Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Anything by Michelle West, Game of Thrones(sometimes), Harry Potter. LOTR.
What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?