Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Daigian Moseneillin is an Aes Sedai of the White Ajah from Cairhien. She was born into a lesser noble House (ACoS, Ch. 19). She is plump and short with a pale complexion. She has long black hair, in which she wears a kesiera with a white moonstone. She reminds Merana of a pouter pigeon (ACoS, Ch. 19).
Daigian is one of the weakest Aes Sedai ever. She spent more time as a novice and an Accepted than any other. She is said to have gained the ring by a fingernail and the shawl by an eyelash (ACoS, Ch. 19). Due to the fact that she is so low on the ladder of rank, Daigian is very hesitant and shy when speaking around other Aes Sedai. However, her logic is impeccable (TPoD, Ch. 12).
- Daigian and Corele accompany Cadsuane when she goes to speak with the Aes Sedai sworn to Rand (ACoS, Ch. 19).
- Daigian is in the Sun Palace in Cairhien (TPoD, Ch. 12).
- Daigian relays a message to Rand that Cadsuane is too busy to speak with him (TPoD, Ch. 27).
- Daigian bonds Eben Hopwil, one of the Asha'man (WH, Ch. 25).
- Daigian goes to Far Madding with Cadsuane and the others (WH, Ch. 23).
- Daigian is with the others when they all go to Shadar Logoth (WH, Ch. 35).
- At Shadar Logoth, Daigian is linked with Eben, Beldeine, and Nesune. She is in control of the weaves because of Eben. When Eben is killed by Aran'gar, Daigian is nearly inconsolable (WH, Ch. 35).
- Daigian is with Cadsuane, Rand, and the others on Lord Algarin's estates in Tear (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Although her name is not directly mentioned, Daigian likely participates in battle against the Trollocs that attack Lord Algarin's estates (KoD, Ch. 19).
- Daigian teaches Nynaeve the weaves for the Aes Sedai test (TGS, Ch. 7).
- Nynaeve offers her Healing for the pain of Eben's death but she refuses, saying the pain is part of the bond and compares it to Healing Nynaeve if something happened to Lan (TGS, Ch. 7).
- Nynaeve tells her she thinks ranking by strength is a bad system, but Daigian won't talk about it (TGS, Ch. 7).
- When Nynaeve leaves, Daigian calls her by her name (TGS, Ch. 7).
- She is holding the shield on Semirhage with Corele and Nesune when Shaidar Haran frees Semirhage. Shaidar Haran kills Daigian. (TGS, Ch. 22).
Daigian is one of the Aes Sedai who follows Cadsuane. Since Cadsuane is so far above her, Daigian obeys her implicitly. Cadsuane thinks that Daigian has a very good mind (TPoD, Ch. 12).
Since Daigian is so lacking in strength in the One Power, she is considered by many other Aes Sedai to be no better than a wilder, and is treated as little better than a servant (TPoD, Ch. 12). In return, Daigian is always self-effacing around other sisters (ACoS, Ch. 19).
Eben is Daigian's first Warder (CoT, Ch. 23). They both feel affection for each other. Eben thinks that, with time, he might come to love her (WH, Ch. 35). After Eben's death, Damer Flinn wants to try his Healing on Daigian, who is inconsolable, but she refuses because she knows that grieving over a dead Warder is part of remembering him (CoT, Ch. 23).
She refers to Nynaeve as “dear” (TGS, Ch. 7).
- After Eben's death, Daigian keeps to her rooms too much, but she keeps her weeping private (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Jahar Narishma tells the Rebel Aes Sedai about how Eben died in service to his Aes Sedai Daigian (KoD, Ch. 23).
- Daigian told the others that when Aran'gar attacked them, Eben shouted that she was holding saidin. She couldn't detect anything at all, even when Aran'gar was channeling (KoD, Ch. 23).
"Forgive me, but the logic is inescapable. If you accept that the lingering heat was the Dark One's work, the change must be by some other agency. He would not have relented. You might say that he has decided to freeze or drown the world instead of baking it, but why? Had the heat continued through the spring, the dead might well have outnumbered the living, no different than if snow falls into the summer. Therefore, logically, some other hand is at work." (Daigian to Cadsuane and Kumira; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 12)
"Cadsuane Sedai received your request, and asked me to convey her regrets. She very much wishes to finish the piece of needlepoint she is working on. Perhaps she might be able to see you another day. If she can find time." (Daigian to Rand; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 27)
"Eben was linked with his Daigian and Beldeine, with Daigian controlling the link, so when they found themselves facing one of the Forsaken, all he could do was shout, "She's channeling saidin," and attack her with his sword. And despite what she did to him, ruined as he was, he managed to hang on to life, hang on to saidin, long enough for Daigian to drive her off. So you remember his name! Eben Hopwil. He fought for his Aes Sedai long after he should have been dead!" (Jahar to the Rebel Hall; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 23)
"'It is nothing, dear,' Daigian continued. 'The logic of it seems simple to me at times, but I fear that others do not accept it. Indeed, some might argue that the logic of the issue depends on the moment and the individual.'" (Daigian tells Nynaeve why she will not accept Healing for her grief over her dead Warder; The Gathering Storm, Chapter 7)