Author: Toral Delvar
- When Bashere tries to stab Rand, he draws his sword and runs towards him, shouting "die" (LoC, Ch. 1).
- After Arymilla kidnaps his wife Elenia, he signs the pledge to support Arymilla, but stays close in case he has a chance to break Elenia free (CoT, Ch. 15). He does this in writing, so repudiating it would damage the house severely (KoD, Ch. 17).
- After she has been captured, Arymilla expects to keep Jarid's support, but Elenia says he will do what he can to save House Sarand (KoD, Ch. 33).
- Jarid takes off with a large group of armsmen, including men from Houses that have now sided with Elayne, once Elenia and Arymilla are taken. Elayne thinks he will cause trouble (KoD, Ch. 35).
- He is one of the last holdouts to Elayne's rule (ToM, Ch. 11) and his army cannot be found (ToM, Ch. 50).
- Jarid and his army are camped in a forest clearing. Their rations have spoiled and a Bubble of Evil has made all their metal soft. He has become irrational. He wants to capture Whitebridge and then the Two Rivers to resupply and rebuild his army. His personal guard ties him to a tree and leaves him so they can go fight in the Last Battle (AMoL, Prologue).
He is married to Elenia, who can persuade him to do almost anything (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Though he is High Seat of the house, the drive and ambition for the House comes from Elenia (LoC, Ch. 1).
- He is an honorable man, but Elenia is able to persuade him to put aside his honor (CoT, Ch. 15).
- The mark of his personal guard is a golden boar charging before a red spear (AMoL, Prologue).
"If Naean's people have them, she will offer the same choices to Elenia, but Jarid will go on a rampage against Arawn unless Elenia tells him not to, and she won't if she thinks he has any hope of rescuing her" (Elayne; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 7).