A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Toral Delvar
When we first meet Basel, he is innkeeper of The Queen's Blessing, an inn in Caemlyn, Andor. He is fat and round-faced with grey hair that he combs back, but this does not cover his bald spot (TEotW, Ch. 35). People generally view this as vanity. He later becomes shambayan to Perrin and Faile after accompanying Morgase when she flees Andor and then Amador.
- Thom tells Rand and Mat to meet with Basel when he goes to fight the Myrddraal in Whitebridge (TEotW, Ch. 26).
- Basel provides Rand and Mat with a room and meal when they arrive in Caemlyn (TEotW, Ch. 35; Ch. 26).
- He tells the Whitecloaks that they have no welcome in the Queen's Blessing when they come looking for Perrin (TEotW, Ch. 41).
- Basel was questioned by Elaida when she found where Rand had been staying and she spoke well of him (TGH, Ch. 4).
- When Basel hears of Gaebril's plan to kill Elayne, he decides to start a rumour about it in an attempt to protect Elayne (TDR, Ch. 46).
- Basel goes with Morgase to Amador once they learn that Gareth Bryne is not in Kore Springs (TFoH, Ch. 56).
- He accompanies Morgase when she goes hawking (LoC, Ch. 9).
- Basel alerts Morgase to the arrival of the Seanchan and flees with her when Balwer organizes an escape (ACoS, Ch. 26).
- He joins up with Perrin after Perrin rescues him from Masema's mobs and gives him a false story about who they are (TPoD, Ch. 7).
- Faile employs him as her shambayaban (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- Perrin sends him north with the other servants, though he wants to stay and fight to free Faile (KoD, Ch. 29).
- He is captured by the Whitecloaks (ToM, Ch. 2).
- Galad questions him, but he makes up a story about a merchant Falin Deborsha (ToM, Ch. 4).
- He is released by Galad (ToM, Ch. 35).
- He didn't believe Thom is dead as he considers him a hard man to kill (TEotW, Ch. 35).
- He did not like Gaebril, or the men he brought in, but could not give a specific reason for it (TDR, Ch. 47).
- He doesn't like the cold (WH, Ch. 1).
"The Light preserve me from that. You would think the inn was hers now. If she was my wife!..." (To Mat on being married to Coline; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 45)
"Not much different from what I did running the Blessing really." (On being Shambayan; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 9).