Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Brendas is an Aes Sedai of the White Ajah. She sides with the rebels. She has a pale face, cool dark eyes, and a voice like chimes. She never shows any emotion and speaks in a level tone (LoC, Ch. 29).
- She is an Accepted during the Aiel War. She and Temaile were on duty attending Tamra Ospenya, the Amyrlin Seat, and Gitara Moroso, her Keeper, before Moiraine and Siuan’s shift on the day Gitara has her Foretelling (NS, Ch. 2).
- When they are summoned by Tamra to distribute a bounty among the women who gave birth in the camps around Tar Valon, Brendas claims they will all be sent home, because Gitara had Foretold the end of the Tower before she died (NS, Ch. 3).
- Along with the other Accepted, she rides out to gather the names of children born around the camp (NS, Ch. 4).
- She is part of the circle that frees Mat from his link with the dagger from Shadar Logoth. Before they start, she is uncertain despite her calm features and keeps smoothing her skirts. When they are done, she dabs at her cheeks with a bit of Lugard lace before escorting Mat to his rooms (TDR, Ch. 18).
- She is writing in the Little Tower when Nynaeve asks her where to find Siuan and Leane. She replies that they are with some of the Sitters and asks whether Nynaeve has made any progress in breaking her block, because her studies seem to be suffering. She also relays the proposal several Aes Sedai made that they should take turns working Nynaeve to accelerate the process, sounding as if she plans to take part. Embarrassed, Nynaeve assures Brendas that Theodrin will break her block soon, before curtsying and hurrying away (LoC, Ch. 29).
- She is one of the women Egwene chooses as a diversion for the Black Ajah in Tel'aran'rhiod (ToM, Ch. 37).
- Moiraine thinks she is "normally sensible," so she cannot understand why she is spouting nonsense about Foretellings Gitara supposedly had (NS, Ch. 3).
"I’ve heard several sisters remark that you appear to have reached the end of your remarkable discoveries. Your extra chores might be the problem – but Elayne reveals something new every day, even with teaching her classes and working at the pots. A number of sisters are wondering whether they might not be able to help you more than Theodrin can. If we took it in turns, working you all day every day might prove more fruitful than these informal sessions with someone who is, after all, little more than Accepted herself." It was all delivered in a level tone without the slightest accusation, yet Nynaeve’s face heated as if she had been shouted at. (Brendas to Nynaeve; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 29)